Friday 3 May 2013

Polyurethane Foam in Art




Spray polyurethane foam, commonly referred to as SPF is a spray-applied insulating foam plastic that is installed as a liquid and then expands many times its original size. Spray polyurethane foam can be adjusted and have many different physical properties depending on the use desired.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
For one of my art projects I decided to use a spray polyurethane foam because it gives out a interesting texture, especially when you add the acrylic paint to it. So this is the website that I used to help me make my art project.( http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutorials-step-step/74894-how-make-skeletal-rib-cage-cheaply.html ) But once you try to sculpt with the insulating foam, it gets really sticky :( and it is hard to remove it. 
 
 
 
  
 
 In these pictures below I'm using the Spray polyurethane foam to make my heart. :)


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment